Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
This course focuses on community engagement in the community health assessment process. Particular emphasis is placed on using the Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) model with the County Health Rankings and Roadmap. This model also meets non-profit hospital Community Health Needs Assessment requirements in ACA IRS regulations. Learners can expect a wealth of comprehensive training content with engaging activities to reinforce learning. The course will outline the processes of engaging community members in:
- Developing partnerships
- Assessing the community to develop a county profile
- Identify strategic issues
- Formulate goals
- Create, implement and monitor action plans to help the community reach its vision.
This learning opportunity topic is aligned with one or more of the strategic skills.
This learning opportunity addresses training topics identified in PHWINS 2017.
What You'll Learn
- Define community.
- Describe components of a community.
- Define Community Assessment.
- Recall the difference between primary and secondary data.
- Identify how data can be used in a public health setting.
- Evaluate the quality of data sources.
- Identify the six phases of the MAPP process.
- Identify the four assessments of the MAPP process.
- Discuss the importance of MAPP in creating a healthier community.
- Discuss the importance of community ownership.
- Identify the key parts of the Organize for Success/Partnership Development phase.
- Create an Organize for Success/Partnership Development game plan for your community.
- Explain the importance of the Community Themes and Strengths Assessment.
- Describe how to conduct the Community Themes and Strengths Assessment.
- Explain the importance of the Forces of Change Assessment.
- Describe how to conduct the Forces of Change Assessment.
- Identify the key parts of the Identify Strategic Issues phase.
- Create Strategic Issues game plan for your community.
- Identify the key parts of Formulate Goals and Strategies phase.
- Create goal statements for your community.
- Identify the key parts of the Action Cycle phase.
- Create an Action Plan game plan for your community.