Introduction to Outreach Methods and Strategies
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
As a community health outreach worker, a key role you play is providing health outreach to vulnerable populations to connect them with services. To do this well, community health workers must be able to identify when outreach should happen and how to develop the most effective plan for the outreach. Those training to become a community health worker as well as those in need of a refresher course can benefit from this training.
This learning opportunity addresses training topics identified in PHWINS 2017.
(Coronavirus - COVID-19)
What You'll Learn
- Articulate what outreach is and the components of the Health Outreach Model
- Identify qualities and characteristics of vulnerable populations and what triggers outreach
- List tips to keep you safe in your outreach efforts
- Describe how to choose effective outreach methods and strategies
- Outline the elements of an effective outreach plan