Trauma Informed Pediatric Care: Iowa ACEs Data and 21st Century Practice
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
This course is designed for participants to increase knowledge on adverse childhood experiences(ACEs) and key tenants of trauma-informed pediatric care.
This course will cover:
- ACEs and Iowa Specific Data
- ACEs Health Impact
- Framework ACEs and Toxic Stress
- Provider Roles
- Scenario Application
This training offers the learner self-assesments to test your skills. Some assessment activities focus on very specific data and/or details in the graphics. You may prefer a quiet environment with limited interruptions while taking this course.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the Iowa specific data related to Adverse Childhood Experiences Study.
- Discuss ACEs impact on lifelong health, physical health, and mental health.
- Review the framework for how adverse experiences and toxic stress lead to later health outcomes and risky behaviors.
- Discuss the role of pediatric and family care providers in addressing toxic stress.
Apply trauma-informed care in primary care settings for creating support systems to prevent ACEs or intervene after ACEs occur.