Public Health Policy and Advocacy
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
This course provides an overview of issues surrounding advocacy and policy development. Specifically, it examines how to apply advocacy and agenda setting principles in public policy making. The course also explains the relevant legislative and regulatory processes. Overall, this course will increase your familiarity with public health policy, interpretation, and public health decision making.
This learning opportunity topic is aligned with one or more of the strategic skills.
This learning opportunity addresses training topics identified in PHWINS 2017.
It is highly recommended that you take Evidence-Based Public Health: Planning and Evaluation
What You'll Learn
- Describe the role of policy in public health.
- Describe the role of evidence-based public health in policymaking.
- Describe root cause analysis.
- Describe criteria for evaluating policy alternatives.
- Describe a framework for planning an advocacy campaign.
- Describe components an effective advocacy message.
- Describe elements of digital media advocacy.