Designing Effective Infographics for Public Health
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
Effective communication is an essential element of public health efforts. Public health professionals need ways to make health messages easy to understand for all members of the community they serve, as health information can often be complex. Infographics are a dynamic way to share information, both in print and digital form. Public health professionals should be able to create effective and well-designed infographics to share important public health messages as a part of their public health communication strategy.
This learning opportunity topic is aligned with one or more of the strategic skills.
This learning opportunity addresses training topics identified in PHWINS 2017.
Reviewers say, "Instructions on how to obtain a certificate are not clear until you have finished the training and completed the evaluation. After you submit the latter, you will be taken to your account page where you can obtain the completion certificate."
What You'll Learn
- List 4 elements required to develop a good health infographic
- Explain what makes an effective infographic
- Define the ‘Design Thinking Process’
- Use 2 Plain Language resources to simplify scientific writing
- List the 7 design principles for infographics
- Describe the 4 domains of the CDC Clear Communication Index
- List 2 ways to ensure infographics are Section 508 compliant
- List the 3 steps to test infographics before release