Institute for Public Health Practice at the University of Iowa
Creating Persuasive Public Health Messaging
This is an all levels course offering CPH — Free
Date Added to Navigator
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
This course will cover:
- Four Pillars of a Strong Brand
- Characteristics of Persuasive Messaging
- Brand Message Hierarchy
- Case Studies
At the end of this training, you will be able to create persuasive public health messaging.
This learning opportunity topic is aligned with one or more of the strategic skills.
This learning opportunity addresses training topics identified in PHWINS 2017.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the four pillars of a strong brand
- Explain how to formulate a clear, concise, compelling, and consistent elevator pitch
- Explain how to build a strong brand message hierarchy
- Discuss common mistakes to avoid when creating persuasive messaging
- Apply the characteristics of effective messaging using realistic public health case studies
Written & Oral Communication
Behavioral Health Professional
Grant & Contracts Specialist
Public health - multiple occupations will benefit
Public Health Agency Director
Public Health Manager/Program Manager
Student - Professional & Scientific
Related Job Tasks
Inform, educate, and empower people about health concerns
Provide education to the public
Develop information and training materials
Post or publish information for staff use