Succession Planning and Workforce Development for Public Health Agencies
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
The Strategic Skills Training Series developed by the Region 2 PHTC aims to help prepare public health leaders and the public health workforce to develop the practices and competencies associated with being a Chief Health Strategist.
This course describes how health departments can undertake succession planning and workforce development efforts, even during ‘VUCA’ (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) times, using a case study approach set in the fictitious Tycho County.
This learning opportunity topic is aligned with one or more of the strategic skills.
This learning opportunity addresses training topics identified in PHWINS 2017.
Reviewers say, "If you need to re-set your password, can take up to 24 hours"
"I recommend based on timeliness of training as Public Health Depts. are in the process of examining post-COVID efforts to Increase employee engagement, workforce development planning, staff retention, competency-based job descriptions, etc. Also aligns with PHAB requirements."
What You'll Learn
- Define “succession planning” for public health agencies
- Present the reasons for a succession planning process in public health agencies, even during challenging times
- Explain the key elements of the succession planning process
- Link the elements of change management to organizational succession planning
- Clarify the critical success factors for succession planning in public health