Don't Panic: Principles of Crisis and Risk Communication Scenario
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
This training will help individuals with developing messaging for general and special populations. It includes guidelines and tools that will help you to create an appropriate message. This training was made to most benefit health practitioners who need to increase their ability to effectively communicate with the public, media, health care providers and response community during a public health emergency.
This learning opportunity topic is aligned with one or more of the strategic skills.
(Coronavirus - COVID-19)
What You'll Learn
- Discuss the underlying theories of crisis and risk communication guidelines.
- Illustrate principles of developing a message map.
- Explain how to utilize a message map.
- Describe conducting pre-emergency planning to facilitate crisis and risk communication.
- Describe strategies to effectively communicate risk to special populations.
- Identify methods to identify and map special population groups.
This was an engaging scenario that is a basic review of crisis communication. I would recommend it EXCEPT that the completion certificate is nearly useless as it does NOT include: Duration of program, Provider of program, or any details about approval of the program for CE credit. I printed this page from the PHLN site and attached it to my certificate!