Stock Albuterol Inhaler Training for School Personnel
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
Asthma is life-threatening when students do not have the tools to manage symptoms effectively. The stock albuterol inhaler program provides an albuterol inhaler to be kept in the school health office (e.g., stock albuterol) in the event that a student is experiencing respiratory distress and does not have access to their own rescue inhaler. This clear and concise e-learning course provides mandatory training for school personnel designated to administer the stock albuterol inhaler.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the basic pathophysiology of asthma and identify potential asthma triggers.
- Explain how quick relief medications (e.g., albuterol) work to treat respiratory distress.
- Recognize mild-moderate and severe respiratory distress.
- Demonstrate the correct technique for administering a metered dose inhaler with a spacer or valved-holding chamber.
- Determine the course of action for managing mild-moderate and severe respiratory distress
- Describe maintenance of the stock rescue inhaler.