Standard Precautions in Ambulatory Care Setting: The Basics of Hand Hygiene
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
This course provides an overview of standard precautions, the practice of hand hygiene and the role of healthcare staff in preventing the spread of infections to themselves, colleagues and patients. The course may be taken in more than one sitting.
What You'll Learn
- Define Standard Precautions
- List at least two reasons why hand hygiene is important to infection prevention
- Recall when hand hygiene should be performed
- Recall how long hands should be rubbed when using long soap
- Recall two advantages of using alcohol- based rubs