Qualitative Methods in Public Health Practice
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
Whether gaining insight during community health assessments or learning more in-depth about findings from research or evaluation surveys, qualitative methods are an important tool in public health practice. This course provides an overview of qualitative research methods, including common study designs, processes for data management, and considerations for interpreting findings.
Reviewers say, "This is a high-quality overview of qualitative research, and would be useful not only in a public health context but as an excellent overview of qual research for anyone with some pre-existing familiarity with social science research and "I am recommending this training because the information is good, and the instructor gives lots of examples."
What You'll Learn
- Define qualitative research methods and study designs
- Recognize qualitative research sampling strategies, including their pros and cons
- Identify strategies to increase quality and reduce bias in qualitative data collection
- Identify qualitative data analysis tools, methods, and theoretical approaches
- Describe how qualitative data is interpreted through reports and summaries