Performance Management Training Series
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
This series serves to increase participants’ understanding of the purpose and benefits of performance management and provide guidance for getting started with building a performance management system. The series includes three modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Performance Management
- Module 2: Building Your Performance Management System
- Module 3: PHAB Requirements Relative to Performance Management
Designed as a self-paced, interactive, independent learning opportunity, each module consists of recorded presentations including exercises and self-check questions.
This introductory-level series is intended for individuals working in governmental public health who are new to performance management and/or who are responsible for building a performance management system for their agency. While the content and examples are focused on governmental public health, many of the concepts can be applied to organizations and agencies in other public-service sectors as well.
What You'll Learn
- Define key performance management terminology
- List 3 benefits and 3 challenges associated with implementing performance management in your agency
- List and describe 5 components of the Turning Point Framework
- Describe the Turning Point self-assessment tool
- Identify the five components of the Turning Point Performance Management System
- Explain the purpose for using a performance management template
- Describe how Quality Improvement works in a performance management system
- Describe the PHAB required components of a PM system
- Identify at least 3 ways to engage staff in the development of a PM system
- Define the role of customer satisfaction data within a PM system
- Consider organizational strengths and weaknesses related to PHAB performance management requiurements