Pandemic: A Critical Thinking Scenario
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
The goal of this scenario-based training is to assess and train mid-level public health professionals in the application of critical thinking as a means of solving problems related to community preparedness for public health emergencies, such as an Influenza Pandemic.
The scenario is based on the Critical Thinking course as well as using the established model of Critical Thinking that has six steps:
- Identify and Define the Problem
- Gather Information
- Develop Alternatives
- Select an Alternative
- Implement the Solution
- Evaluate the Solution
This learning opportunity topic is aligned with one or more of the strategic skills. This learning opportunity addresses training topics identified in PHWINS 2017.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the problem and resulting issues
- Assess the information and resources to effectively address the problem.
- Identify any constraints on possible solutions to a problem situation.
- Employ an appropriate method to effectively generate alternative solutions to a problem situation
- Develop an action plan for implementing a solution to the problem.