Leadership and Influence
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
Being able to lead others—to motivate them and commit their energies and expertise to achieve the shared mission and goals of the emergency management system—is a necessary and vital part of every emergency manager’s, planner’s, and responder’s job.
The goal of this course is to improve your leadership and influence skills. To that end, this course addresses:
- Leadership from within.
- How to facilitate change.
- How to build and rebuild trust.
- Using personal influence and political savvy.
- Fostering an environment for leadership development.
What You'll Learn
- Explain what leadership means for emergency personnel.
- Explain why effective leadership begins with personal insight and development.
- Identify your leadership capabilities and areas for personal development.
- Describe a change management model and the process for planning, communicating, and implementing change.
- Describe how to build and rebuild trust in an organization.
- Use personal influence and develop political savvy to network and influence people effectively.
- Develop strategies for creating a positive work environment that fosters leadership and a commitment to continuous improvement in others.