Epidemiology for Non-Epidemiologists
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
A basic understanding of epidemiology is critical for public health emergency preparedness, outbreak investigations, and prompt decision-making in emergency situations. This online course is competency based and self-paced with instructional modules that explain key epidemiological methods. Activities are included that increase skills.
This learning opportunity topic is aligned with one or more of the strategic skills.
This learning opportunity addresses training topics identified in PHWINS 2017.
Reviewers say, "Make sure you include time for receiving emails."
What You'll Learn
- Establish data collection protocols that systematically monitor community health indicators
- Demonstrate readiness to apply epidemiological skills to a range of emergency situations
- Disseminate notifiable disease information, reporting requirements and procedures to healthcare provider
- Define algorithms that trigger further epidemiological investigation
- Activate enhanced surveillance protocols to track the scope of an exposure or outbreak
- Collect timely patient and health care utilization data on critical biological agents