Epidemiology for Non-Epidemiologists
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
A basic understanding of epidemiology is critical for public health emergency preparedness, outbreak investigations, and prompt decision-making in emergency situations. This online course is competency based and self-paced with instructional modules that explain key epidemiological methods. Activities are included that increase skills.
Reviewers say, "This was relevant to the field of public health."
What You'll Learn
- Establish data collection protocols that systematically monitor community health indicators
- Demonstrate readiness to apply epidemiological skills to a range of emergency situations
- Disseminate notifiable disease information, reporting requirements and procedures to healthcare provider
- Define algorithms that trigger further epidemiological investigation
- Activate enhanced surveillance protocols to track the scope of an exposure or outbreak
- Collect timely patient and health care utilization data on critical biological agents