Environmental Assessment Quick Train
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
This interactive training is designed for public health professionals as an introduction or refresher on conducting environmental assessments during an outbreak investigation.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the importance of foodborne disease outbreak investigations.
- Describe the steps in a foodborne disease outbreak investigation.
- Explain the roles and skills of the investigation team.
- Explain the differences between an environmental assessment and other types of routine inspections.
- Describe the types of activities involved in an environmental assessment conducted in a food service facility.
- Describe types of contributing factors in foodborne disease outbreaks.
- Identify contributing factors associated with 3 common foodborne pathogens.
- Describe types of environmental antecedents.
- Describe non-laboratory and laboratory techniques for identifying causative agents.
- List important considerations in the collection and submission of clinical and environmental specimens.