Serving Diverse Communities: Finding Data on Health Disparities
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
This course will cover resources that provide information on finding data on health disparities, and will cover:
- History, the definition of health disparities and how health disparities intertwined with the social determinants of health.
- Online resources for accessing data on health disparities
- Scenario Practices
This training is a quick look at health disparities and access to data and resources, and is second in a three-course series. The other courses in the series include Serving Diverse Communities: Building Cultural Competence and Humility into the Workplace and Serving Diverse Communities: Accessing Reliable Health Information in Multiple Languages.
This learning opportunity topic is aligned with one or more of the strategic skills. This learning opportunity addresses training topics identified in PH WINS 2017.
What You'll Learn
- Discuss health disparities in public health.
- Identify at least three online resources for accessing health disparity data.
- Analyze resources to access data on health disparities.