Health Equity 101
Time to Start
Don't have an account? Create one to unlock the bookmarking feature and other tools to personalize your learning experience.
This engaging and upbeat interactive course highlights concepts related to health equity and showcases local and national data in support of the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center's Strategic Plan priority to train all staff on the social determinants of health and their impact on our community and residents. The data, concepts, and cases presented are applicable to a variety of locations and agencies. External partners and internal employees can benefit from this training. Course Objectives:
- Increase awareness of health equity concepts as they relate to public health services:
- Describe the Ideal State of Health Equity
- Identify the Drivers of Public Health
- Indicate the Social Determinants of Health at both Micro & Macro levels
- Acknowledge disparities and health inequities affecting our local community:
- Recognize the Conditions and Contributing Factors of Health Inequities related to Cardiovascular Disease, Obesity, and Diabetes
- Compare/contrast health disparities among Lake County communities
*This training may not be mobile-ready; please access using a computer.
This learning opportunity topic is aligned with one or more of the strategic skills.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the ideal state of health equity.
- Identify the drivers of health.
- Indicate the social determinants of health at both micro and macro levels.
- Recognize the conditions and contributing factors of health inequities related to cardiovascular disease, obesity, and diabetes.
- Compare and contrast disparities and health inequities among Lake County communities.